Apple has published a new support document that says the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max will present customers with a warning if the devices are unable to verify a genuine display after a screen repair job.
Many of our repair shop customers also complain this problem, No matter what types of displays, OEM original new or LCD screen, this warning makes the confusion and awkwardness to their customers. Here we would like to share a technique and a simple method on how to solve this warning.
The reason is the iPhone display screen replacement requires the manipulation of Apple authority technicians with Apple’s original parts and tools. There is a touch module on the display flex which contains the iPhone 11 system data. If we use a new replaced display and power on the phone, the touch module data cannot match with the iPhone system . That’s why the warning pop-up on the screen. What we need to do is replacing the original touch module to the new display screen.
There are two ways: One is replacing the touch screen which requires professional skills and tools, but the cost is small; The other is replacing the display screen which cost more( as display screen is more expensive than touch screen)
The way for replacing the touch screen, please click the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5CUP38__1Q
The following is the steps for replacing the display:
1. Power off the broken iPhone and tear down the original display screen;
2. Replace the face ID module from the original display to the new iPhone display;
3. Put the new iPhone display on the table, Use the special machine to grind the module and clear the module after it is completed;
4. Clean out the black adhesive from the module with solder flux and solder wick and heat up with hot air gun;
5.Tear down the touch module from the original display, use hot air gun to blow and steel tool to pry carefully
6. Clear out the black adhesive on the module, use solder past to reball the touch module by smearing the solder on the stencil and heating with hot air gun blowing
7. Applying some solder flux on the module and heating with hot air gun; Connect the display into the iPhone after the touch module is cold down.
8.Test the new display function,the pop-up non-genuine warning disappear, all the display functions are normal. The whole procedure completed successfully.
PS: 1. As to the aftermarket(Copy) iPhone display, such as iPhone 11 LCD display screen, the touch module is different from the original display.It is impossible to proceed with the same steps above.
2. The whole steps on section one are complicated. It is manipulated under the hands of the professional technician. It does not work if we try it on our iPhone without special tools and professional guidance. Contact us if you are interested.