According to reports, the new iPhone 14 series will provide four models, namely iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Max, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Unlike in the past, this time the two standard editions and the two Pro editions are very different.
Display analyst Ross Young says that when measured as a standard rectangular shape, the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max will have slightly larger screens. The iPhone 14 Pro will have a 6.12-inch screen, compared to a 6.06-inch screen on the iPhone 13 Pro, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max will have a 6.69-inch screen, which is a bit larger the iPhone 13 Pro Max’s 6.68-inch display.
The iPhone 14 Pro could be the phone many of us have been waiting for, with the Pro models tipped to offer a real evolution of the iPhones we’ve seen over the past few years.
Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro is set to be the phone that could shake up the iPhone range by potentially bringing in a notably different design from the iPhone 13 Pro. So far the rumors have hinted at everything from the death of the notch to the return of Touch ID.
iPhone 14 Pro latest rumors (Updated June 7)
1. The iPhone 14 Pro models could feature upgraded ProMotion displays that are capable of dropping to as low as 1Hz, down from 10Hz, which would potentially allow for always-on display technology. Apple is said to be planning to introduce always-on display technology for the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, and signs of the feature have been spotted in iOS 16.
2. A new report backs up previous claims that the new A16 Bionic chip will be exclusive to the iPhone 14 Pro series(opens in new tab), leaving the year-old A15 chip for the iPhone 14.
3. A new report says that one iPhone 14 model is three weeks behind schedule due to the Covid lockdowns in China. Production numbers may also be lower than expected.
4. Other reports also have the camera module tipped to get bigger. The reason for this according to reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo is that a larger module is needed to house a 48MP camera. As a result, another leak claims the corners of the iPhone 14 Pro (but not the Pro Max) will be getting rounder to better match the curved corners of the new module.
5. The iPhone 14 Pro could come in purple, according to an unverified rumor. Though unconfirmed the rumor suggests that both the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models will be available in a purple shade that has a unique finish that shifts tone based on lighting conditions.
6. Front glass panels that are allegedly for the iPhone 14 models leaked in April, with the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max versions depicting the pill-shaped and hole cutouts that will replace the notch on those models. The standard iPhone 14 and 14 Max displays continue to feature notches.
Apple will launch a total of four flagship iPhones in 2022, and the iPhone 14 Pro models will be sold alongside the more affordable iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max devices. We will continue to follow for more information about the iPhone 14 Pro.