Apple released iOS 16 beta 6 on Monday, only a few days after beta 5 was released, in what appears
to be an unusual release for the iPhone OS. With the iPhone 14 launch in mid-September approaching,
it also means that iOS16 has entered the final debugging stage. Therefore, we shouldn't be surprised
to see new beta versions released irregularly. The interesting thing about iOS 16 beta 6 is that it fixes
the battery percentage indicator!
1. Battery percentage is not forced to display in Low Power mode
Apple added the function of battery percentage display in iOS 16 Beta 5, and provided a switch
for users to choose whether to turn it on. However, when the iPhone switches to Low Power mode,
the battery percentage is forced on. In the iOS 16 Beta 6, Apple lifted this restriction again. When
turning on the low power mode, you can also choose not to turn on the battery percentage function.
However, not all models of iPhone support the battery percentage display function. As before, the
iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 13 mini still do not support the battery
2. The most significant change comes from the Lock Screen experience.
Users can customize the notification design, as well as the font and color of the Lock Screen interface.
3. The Messages app lets you edit or recall sent content, or mark messages as unread.
4. iCloud Photo Gallery helps users easily share photos with other family members.
5. Dictation has also been improved, and the map now supports multi-stop routes.
6. iPadOS has added a Stage Manager function.
These were all the changes that were added to iOS 16 beta 6. Compared to the major changes
that users saw in the beta 5 version, the beta 6 version focuses on some minor ones.
How to install iOS 16 beta 6 on any compatible iPhone
iOS 16 beat 6 is now available as a public beta. If your iPhone is mentioned in the list above, you can
download iOS 16 beta 6 by following these steps:
- 1.Go to beta.apple.com and login with an Apple ID.
- 2.Download the beta configuration profile.
- 3.Open the 'Settings' app on your iPhone.
- 4.Tap on 'Profile Downloaded.'Tap on 'Install' at the top right corner,
- and agree to the terms and conditions.
- 5.Your phone will automatically reboot after a successful installation of the beta profile.
- 6.Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Software Update.'
- 7.The 'iOS 16 Public Beta' will now be available for download.
Beta testers may encounter several bugs in the operating system, so it is recommended to read the terms
and conditions before installing the iOS 16 beta.